Springbank Open Day Event Programme 2013
WEDNESDAY 22ND MAY
Springbank Society Tasting in The Tasting Room at Cadenhead Whisky Shop
As a special treat for Springbank Society Members we are holding an exclusive tasting for them to take part in. At the tasting Members will have the chance to chose the cask which will be used for the next Society bottling. There will be up to 5 to sample with the most popular being the one bottled this Summer. (FULLY BOOKED)
The Kiln Dinner at Springbank Distillery
Join us on Wednesday evening for the most exclusive and unique event in our history.
The evening will begin with an opening reception featuring Springbank 21 year old, fine champagne and a delicious selection of local produce canapés followed by a 3 course meal with wine to complement each dish inside our century old candlelit Kiln. Coffee, oatcakes and our famous Mull of Kintyre Cheese board will be served afterwards along with a sample of our smoky Longrow whisky which was hand drawn straight from the cask earlier in the evening specially for you. Each guest will then be presented with their very own exclusive and rare bottle of Longrow drawn straight from the cask on the night. Directors, management and staff of Springbank will be present to answer questions or just for a chat!
Cost is £350 per person and spaces are limited to 40 places.
To book or enquire for more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
THURSDAY 23RD MAY - THE MAIN EVENT!
The day will kick off at 11am at Springbank Distillery
During the course of the day the festivities will include:
4 Masterclasses as follows:
11.30am - Frank McHardy & Gavin McLachlan - Taste some of Springbank’s finest hand drawn cask samples of from our very own Director of Production and Distillery Manager (NOW FULLY BOOKED!)
13.15pm - Jenny Karlsson - Come and listen to the story of the rebuilding of Glengyle Distillery by the people who did it, while enjoying some of its glorious whiskies
14.45pm - Grant McPherson & Mark Watt - Sample some of the best Cadenhead’s whiskies - including some rare and exciting cask samples that will be bottled over the next year
16.30pm - Ranald Watson - New and unreleased - taste some recently bottled and still to come whiskies from the Springbank range.
All masterclasses cost £25.00 each and include a ‘Springbank Open Day’ Glencairn Glass
* Two specially chosen Open Day bottlings straight from the cask on the day *
* A range of Craft Stalls selling Kintyre made products including Anne Stewart Knitwear, Eric Norman Wood Turner, Kintyre Candles, Kintyre Design, Kintyre Lampwork, Kintyre Preserves, Scottish Tablet, Sian Jewellery, The Bathtime Cafe & Wee Toon Carver *
* Quality food from Campbeltown Kitchen, Ifferdale Lamb, McMillan Smokehouse & Mull of Kintyre Cheddar *
* Fyne Ales - Brewers of Fine, Award Winning Beers and Ales *
* A selection of drams in the Warehouse Whisky Bar - £5 for 5 drams *
* Music from local musicians *
* Free distillery tours at set times during the day *
* Activities and games for all the family to get involved in *
* Photo Exhibition from Campbeltown Camera Club *
In the evening from 6pm:
* Dance the night away with the sounds of retro soul, rock, funk and blues band Cabin Fever *
* Enjoy lots of laughs while sipping a few whiskies from Whisky Comedian Alan Anderson * (Tickets available for purchase on the day)
* Entertainment from Footnotes Dancers *
* Drinks tent selling Whisky, Gin, Rum and Fyne Ales *
* BBQ *
For any queries or to book for any of the masterclasses please contact email@example.com or telephone 01586 55 5482
FRIDAY 24TH MAY
Springbank Society Open Golf Competition at Machrihanish Golf Club
Tee off times between 8.45am and 9.45am.
Teams of 4, but if you are a single applicant we will allocate you a spot. Format better ball with full handicap allowance (Maximum 36)
Entry fee for non Machrihanish Golf Club Members is £32.50 and Machrihanish Club Members is £10.00.
Add in a breakfast roll with coffee and lunch for £16 with prize giving following lunch.
To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone Janet on 01586 555492
| Read More.. |